The Instructional Designer uses knowledge of the L&D space and the training function to design and create a variety of learning solutions to support strategic business initiatives and provide effective learning solutions that enhance NLI’s corporate clients’ learning experience. The ideal candidate will be a valuable thinking partner whose ID expertise will lead to effective learning solutions.
Apply adult learning theories and instructional design methodology to design and develop quality facilitator-led and distributed learning experiences that align with effectively written learning objectives
- Work closely with solutions team members to conceptualize, design, and create interactive learning solutions that target learning objectives and improve performance.
- Work extensively with Senior Consultants and Solutions team members (internal SMEs) to determine the outline and content of learning materials that meet learner and stakeholder needs.
- Engage instructional design process and best practices to ensure the quality and consistency of educational materials.
- Tailor existing learning materials and instructional content to meet specific client needs.
- Provide consultation to determine instructional strategies based on client need.
- Support the effort to gradually incorporate new technologies for instructional design and learning.
- Function as a staff resource and consultant for internal education.
- Develop successful working relationships with subject matter experts and other internal resources.
- Review and update curriculum materials periodically across programs and delivery methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or other relevant field from an accredited university required. Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology or Design or other relevant field desirable
- 3+ years of instructional design and development experience in a project- and delivery- oriented environment
- Experience developing educational programs using ADDIE or other instructional design process from start to finish
- Experience developing digital content delivered in a learning management system (LMS)
- Knowledge of and willingness to stay abreast of adult learning and instructional design theories and their application in training development
- Ability to explain, discuss and apply current instructional design theories, methodologies, technologies, strategies and best practices
- Extraordinary ability to communicate, including strong instructional and technical writing skills and knowledge of information design best practices
- Experience producing learning design deliverables, including storyboards and scripts
- Experience using measurement and evaluation strategies to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of learning solutions on performance
- Strong skills influencing and communicating across multiple areas and global offices of the company and comfort interfacing with clients
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with excellent time management and prioritization skills and an eye for detail
- Team player and solutions focused yet able to work independently, adhering to directed processes and timelines
- Strong ability to quickly learn IP on the job though observation and with little formal training
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google’s cloud-based productivity and storage tools
- Experience with Camtasia, Captivate, or similar instructional technologies and experience managing and deploying digital content in an LMS or CMS a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Instructional Design, Education, curricula design: 4 years
If the above describes you and who and where you want to be, we want to hear from you! Email careers@neuroleadership.
PS- To make sure we hire the people best suited to our culture, we’ve designed intensive, task-based selection process so be prepared to work hard to earn this opportunity!