The Financial Accountant role is a hands-on position contributing to the APAC regions finance and accounting-related activities. This position is based in the Bondi Junction area of Sydney.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing the month-end closing and reporting process
- Preparing and reconciling the monthly profit and loss, and balance sheet reports
- Tax reporting
- Collecting and analysing data, which is then used in the preparation of weekly and monthly estimates
- Creating KPI reports, and supporting weekly and monthly financial presentations
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data
- Conducting internal audits such as wage reviews, accounting treatments, and process adherence
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy
- Managing and training staff when necessary
Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Business Studies or Management preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Accrual-based accounting experience a must
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Deadline-oriented and an ability to stick to time constraints
- Ability to work autonomously and cross-functionally
- Thrives in a fast moving, dynamic and commercially-driven environment
- Solutions focused
- Ability to work in under high-pressure and with competing deadlines
If the above describes you and who and where you want to be, we want to hear from you.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PS- To make sure we hire the people best suited to our culture, we’ve designed intensive, task-based selection process so be prepared to work hard to earn this opportunity!